Monday, October 4, 2010

Random: Halo

Over the past year, John and I have started passing time by playing Halo with each other... the first one. This may surprise some of you, but I really enjoy playing it!

When I was little, I remember hanging out at a neighbor's house and playing Mario Bros. a lot... until they moved away. I always enjoyed it. We never had a Nintendo, but I still enjoyed playing the few computer games we had that involved defeating different levels. So when John started playing Halo with some guys from our church while we were living in Chickasha, my interest was sparked... but I never got involved.

The one time I actually played with him during that time, we played against each other... by the way this was on my birthday and I'd never played it before... it ended with me being really mad at him for not teaching me how to do things before killing me over and over and over. I didn't play again until last year. It went much better that time.

We started off by playing against each other, mainly so he could teach me the basics... making sure I could walk, learn how to pick up new weapons, load, shoot, throw grenades (away from myself and towards him)... oh... and stop walking off of things. Then we played a little bit as a team against the aliens. I enjoyed that much more. It was still a little frustrating though since I was still having trouble navigating my way around and figuring out what we were supposed to do.

Later that week, John came home from work to find me playing Halo. I wanted to play it a little bit while he was gone so that I could improve and feel like I knew more about what was going on. He laughs about it now, even though he got to see what it's like for parents to try to get their kids' attention while playing video games. He called out my name several times and I never responded or stopped because I was so into it. We played off and on during the following weeks before finally realizing we were playing it too much and putting it away.

A couple of months ago, we dragged it back out... and have played it quite a bit since. We play as a team and also play against each other (sometimes- it still doesn't go that great when we play against each other, but it's better than it used to be). It actually got to a point where I realized we must be playing it too much again. Why? Well, here are a few reasons:

YOU KNOW YOU'VE PLAYED TOO MUCH HALO WHEN:
*You close your eyes and all you see are those massive green blobs of light that Hunters throw at you or those yellow aliens with swords.
*You come upon a to-go box that someone has dropped in the road and automatically wonder if you need that health-pack.
*You see a bug or a spider in your house and think of how easy it would be to throw a tiny plasma grenade on them to get rid of it.

Know this is really random... but been wanting to share it for a while. Find it humorous. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment