Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Random: What's Not Happening

Busy-ness seems to be a recurring theme in my life. We don't have any children yet and I don't work full-time, but I'm always "busy" with one thing or another.

I took this year off from doing any theater. I still go and I try to help a little here and there, but I'm not in anything. Ever since John and I got married I've never said, "Okay... I'm not going to do any theater this year so I can spend more time with you." Last December I got pretty convicted of this and told him what I had decided to do for 2010. He didn't object (and seemed pretty happy with my decision).

Thankfully, we both know that I'll be plunging back in next year. He's very supportive of me doing it and is so sweet in actually wanting me to be involved. He knows how much I love it, just as I know how much he loves photography, and we support each other as best we can with our hobbies.

Recently, I had seriously thought about going back to school and going into nursing. John replanted the idea in my head this time (for I had contemplated it before). But as we looked over everything I'd have to do, during school as well as after graduation, he said, "You wouldn't be able to do theater." I said, "I know. But maybe I'll just have to give it up, at least for a while." His response: "You can't give up theater. You love doing it too much." This was said as if the decision had been made, but I still debated the issue in my mind for a while until finally realizing I didn't have any peace whatsoever about going into nursing. So... for now... that's a no.

But even with no theater in my life this year, I have remained constantly busy. Lately, I find myself asking, "Am I do anything really productive and useful? Or am I just keeping myself busy?" I hope the former is true, but, many times, I feel like it's only the latter.

No comments:

Post a Comment