Friday, August 27, 2010

Random: Things Old & New

As September draws near, I'm meeting it with great anxiety as well as anticipation. Anxiety because I will be stepping out of my comfort zone and trying something new, and anticipation because it brings me that much closer to vacation! If I'm being honest, I'm also excited about some of my favorite TV shows coming back. =)

I know it's good to step out and try something new every now and then. It's been a while since I've done it. But now, as the day draws near, I'm worried as to how it will go. I've never considered myself to be a teacher. I'm terrible at getting a point across most of the time, if I remember the point in the first place. That's pretty much why I didn't go into teaching. But as of September 2nd, I'm going to start teaching an acting class. I was approached about it earlier this summer and finally decided to give it a try. I'm excited in some ways because I'm finally gonna get paid to do something in a field I love... I just hope those poor kids actually learn something from it. I'm sure I'll learn more than they will.

This fall promises to be rather busy. The acting classes are only one night a week and will only be for an hour or so (Yay). Another night has me doing a study with a couple of sweet friends and then going for "tv date-night" with one of my sissies. Then Wednesday evenings are packed with church and getting my home ready for (and then recovering from) High School boys.

It all looks to be quite fun and even fulfilling in many ways. I'm sure Christmas will come all too fast (commercially, it IS already showing up in stores) and then we'll be looking back over the year making new resolutions and plans.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with Audra, you will do great and in your weakness, He will show Himself. :) Enjoy it! Candee

    ReplyDelete